College Dean | Mr Chris Ryan
St Joseph’s College, Gregory Terrace is committed to best practice in ensuring the safety and protection of all students. Please feel welcome to peruse the Edmund Rice Education Australia Child Protection Policy and Processes document which may be found on our website under About Us/Policies.
All full-time, part-time, contract, relief, seasonal and volunteer employees are required to register with Blue Card Services in order to work with young people at Terrace. A central register of these persons is kept. All of these persons are also required to complete an online training module about Child Protection policy and process every two years.
Our full-time staff have regular onsite training about updates in legislation and advice on best practice in mandatory reporting.
Our School Referral Officers for Child Protection matters are:
- Dr Michael Carroll: College Principal
- Mr Chris Ryan: College Dean (Deputy Principal)
- Ms Jai-Leigh Beard: Counsellor
- Mr Damien Cuddihy: Dean of Waterford
Please always feel welcome to contact any of these members of staff or your son’s House Dean at any time.
Over the past week, we have welcomed three members of the non-teaching team to part-time contract positions for periods during this term:
- Ms Claire Tynan is working part-time with the College Foundation team as Development Officer. The full time continuing position is currently being advertised nationally.
- Ms Cath Gooley is working part-time in administration in in the Registrar’s Office and when Mrs Marie Allen, Assistant to the Principal, takes some leave later in the term.
- Mr Mikhail Hastings is assisting as a part-time HPE Aide for the remainder of the term until Mr Steve Chapman commences this role full time in Term 2.
In the next few weeks, Mr Terry Thompson, Dean of Treacy House, is expected to take some paternity leave. Mr Gary Stickley will take Mr Thompson’s classes during this time. We wish Mr Thompson the very best at this time and will keep the community updated.