Terrace Ladies Group
TLG Welcome Mass
All are welcome to join us at the TLG Welcome Mass, tomorrow, Friday 2 March. Mass starts in the Chapel of the Holy Family at 7.45am with coffee and delicious breakfast style items served afterwards in the Founders' Room. Your sons are welcome to join you for the Mass as well. We are fortunate to have the College Choir coming along to help make it a special morning.
Years 5 – 9 Mothers' High Tea
Planning is well underway for the Years 5-9 Mothers’ High Tea event to be held on 27 April at the Victoria Park Golf Club. Tickets will be $55 each, which include a complimentary glass of bubbles on arrival and your chance to win the wonderful main lucky door prize or one of the lucky draw prizes for each of the five year levels coming on the day. More details on the prizes will be coming over the following weeks with invitations being emailed before the end of term.
Make a note in your diary for the following Years 5-9 Mothers' High Tea dates:
• Friday 16 March – Invitations emailed, with a covering letter providing all details. This will include a link to the College Events page for booking your ticket. However, no tickets will be able to be purchased until Monday Morning 19 March.
• Monday 19 March – Tickets sales go live on the College Events page from 9am:- follow the link from the emailed information letter and invitation, or go straight to the Events Page.
• Monday 16 April – RSVP’s close.
• Friday 27 April – Years 5-9 Mothers’ High Tea at Victoria Park from 10am.
Don’t forget that it is always a good idea to get in early to purchase your ticket as these events tend to sell out quickly. Ladies are seated in nominated year groups, so there is no urgency to organise groups to sit with. Great care is taken to place ladies at tables to ensure that everyone has a wonderful time. If you have more than one son in these grades, you can nominate which year level you’d like to sit with this year.
If you are not on our mailing list but would like to be, please email our Secretary, Mrs Rachel McGahon, on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also ensure that you save this email address into your contacts as it may find its way to Junk Mail. Rachel sent an email earlier this week to the TLG email database with the invitation to the Welcome Mass. If you are on our data base, you may need to double check that our correspondence isn’t going through to your junk box.
Welcome to Terrace Cookbook Special
For those parents new to the school, you may not be aware that Terrace have a gorgeous cookbook that was published a couple of years ago. The recipes are gathered from present and past mothers, and include a huge array of family favourites. It has become a staple in many of our homes, not just for the practical aspects to what’s offered inside, but also because it is truly a beautiful book. At the moment, we have a special running on the cookbooks to mark the commencement of the year. Usually the Cookbooks are $55 each. We are currently offering them for $40 each plus a bonus Red and Black Terrace tea towel. You can purchase your pack via this link cookbook special, and collect from the Uniform Shop. Alternatively, you can also purchase these packs through the Uniform Shop directly. The special ends at the completion of Term 1.
TLG Date Claimers
Coming Up This Term
- Week 6: Friday 2 March – 7.45am TLG Welcome Mass and Morning Tea
- Week 10: Monday 26 March – 7.30am TLG Meeting and breakfast, Founders' Room
Main Functions for the Year
- Term 2, Week 2: Friday 27 April – Years 5-9 Mothers' Morning Tea, Victoria Park Golf Club
- Term 3, Week 8: Friday 7 September – TLG Fashion Parade, Brisbane City Hall
Contact | TLG President | Mel Josephson: email@example.com