Terrace Ladies Group
TLG Welcome Mass
Last Friday 2 March we had the lovely TLG Welcome Mass in the Chapel of the Holy Family. It was a very special morning shared together. The Choir graced us with their beautiful singing of some new hymns while still keeping some of our favourites in the ceremony. Thank you to Mrs Bernadette Debattista on the piano and Mr Brad Esbensen on the trumpet, who accompanied the boys to create a most memorable occasion. The new time of 7.45am seemed to have helped our mothers attend before getting on with their busy days, after our brunch of course.
Years 5 – 9 Mothers' High Tea
Planning is well underway for the Years 5-9 Mothers’ High Tea event to be held on 27 April at the Victoria Club Golf Club. Tickets will be $55 each, which include a complimentary glass of bubbles on arrival and your chance to win the wonderful main lucky door prize or one of the lucky draw prizes for each of the five year levels coming on the day.
The main prize is a fabulous two nights accommodation package, with breakfast for two people at The Island, Gold Coast, along with a complimentary bottle of French champagne on arrival. Valid for a 12-month period from April, you can find a time that suits your schedule and enjoy a relaxed short break away.
The prizes to be won between the year levels include, in no particular order:
• $150 BLOW Hair and Beauty voucher;
• $150 King Street Voucher;
• Susan Drive gold plated evening earrings;
• $100 Nat Sui voucher, a bottle of Piper Heidsieck Cuvee and a 30-minute Thai foot massage from Pho Thai Spa; and
• $200 Homewares hamper from The Modern Furniture Store.
• Friday 16 March – Invitations emailed with a covering letter providing all details. This will include a link to the College Events page for booking your ticket. However, no tickets will be able to be purchased until Monday Morning 19 March.
• Monday 19 March – Tickets sales go live on the College Events page from 9am. Follow the link from the emailed information letter and invitation or go straight to the Events Page.
• Monday 16 April – RSVPs close.
• Friday 27 April – Years 5-9 Mothers’ High Tea at Victoria Park from 10am.
Don’t forget that it is always a good idea to get in early to purchase your ticket, as these events tend to sell out quickly. Ladies are seated in nominated year groups, so there is no urgency to organise groups to sit with. We also take a lot of care in where we place ladies on tables to ensure you have a wonderful time together. If you have more than one son in these grades, you can nominate which year level you’d like to sit with this year when you purchase your ticket.
If you are not on our mailing list but would like to be, please email our Secretary, Mrs Rachel McGahon, on email@example.com Please also ensure that you save this email address into your contacts as it may find its way to Junk Mail.
Welcome to Terrace Cookbook Special
For those parents new to the school, you may not be aware that Terrace have a gorgeous Cookbook that was published a couple of years ago. The recipes are gathered from present mothers, and past mothers, and include a huge array of family favourites. It has become a staple in many of our homes, not just for the practical aspects to what’s offered inside, but also because it is truly a beautiful book. At the moment, we have a special running on the Cookbooks to mark the commencement of the year. Usually the Cookbooks are $55 each. We are currently offering them for $40 each plus a bonus Red and Black Terrace tea towel. You can purchase your pack via this link cookbook special and collect from the Uniform Shop. Alternatively, you can also purchase these packs through the Uniform Shop directly. The special ends at the completion of Term 1.
TLG Date Claimers
Coming Up This Term
- Week 10: Monday 26 March – 7.30am TLG Meeting and breakfast, Founders' Room
Main Functions for the Year:
- Friday 27 April – Years 5-9 Mothers' Morning Tea, Victoria Park Golf Club
- Friday 7 September – TLG Fashion Parade, Brisbane City Hall
Contact | TLG President | Mel Josephson: firstname.lastname@example.org