Principal’s Message | Dr Michael Carroll
Dear members of the Terrace Family,
As we approach the end of Week 7, I have included an extract of the message Mr Mason Hellyer and Mrs Loren Serafin-Huey sent to all Years 11 and 12 students last week. The message is simple but very relevant for all students and I encourage parents to share the ‘helpful hints’ with your sons in the lead-up to exams.
Final three weeks to go. Time to stop and breathe.
We have had a very busy term; however, it is not time to down tools, but it is a time to stop and breathe.
Right! Now let’s get going again.
Weeks 7 -9 are the weeks to:
- Be organised – arrive to school on time, rested and ready. This means go to bed at a reasonable time, plan your day and have all the resources you require for the day.
- Be self-directed – take responsibility for your learning. Use your class time effectively. Class time is not your social time!
- Use your diary – write homework in it and complete it. Homework is not a time filler; it is an important part of the learning process. It provides you with an opportunity to review class work in preparation for assessment (assignments or exams) and to reinforce the learning for the next stage of the unit of work.
- Review all checklists and revision booklets.
- Each evening, get organised for the next day. In particular, put your laptop on the charger so it is ready for the following day.
This weekend, the GPS Gymnastics Championships are being held. The team has been training throughout the year and on behalf of all of the Terrace Family, I wish our gymnasts all the best on Saturday.
This Sunday also sees our musicians travel to Villanova for the Norman Clarke Concert. This is a wonderful event and I encourage families to attend. I also wish to thank Mr Norm Clarke - GT 1954 for his support of this event and his outstanding support of the Terrace Music program over many years.
Finally this week, as the exam season is almost upon us, I encourage you to ensure preparation is the best it can be and that the boys stay healthy, eat well and rest well over the coming couple of weeks.
Have a great week.
Dr Michael Carroll