Dean of Studies | Mr Mason Hellyer
Welcome back to students and parents for Term 3. During this week, I have had the opportunity to speak to every year level, examine Semester 1 academic performance, and set goals for the term ahead. An essential element of academic performance is to actively reflect on the previous term’s results. To assist students with this reflection, several processes will occur.
- Parent/Teacher Interviews - Wednesday 28 July
- Students will meet with their Pastoral Care Mentor for academic mentoring during College assembly time in Week 2.
- Years 5-10 students will move through an active reflection and goal setting process in their Formation classes. This process culminates with the creation of the Term 3 study plan.
- Year 12 students will have Academic Mentoring interviews with members of the College Leadership Team.
I encourage parents to continue the discussion with their son’s regarding their academic goals for this term and, importantly, their plans to achieve them.
Over the first half of Term 3 there are four Parent Information Evenings to be held online:
- Year 9 2022 Subject Selection Evening, 19 July - 6pm
- Year 12 2022 Extension Information Evening, 21 July - 6-7pm
- Year 11 2022 Subject Selection Evening, 26 July - 6pm
- Year 12 QTAC Information Evening, 16 August - 6pm
Further information regarding these evenings will be communicated to the relevant year levels via email and the Terrace App.