Scholastic Testing and Music Placement Session
The Scholastic Testing
Scholastic Testing is for students enrolled to commence in 2022 and is scheduled for Friday 3 September 2021.
Students are required to bring:
- 2 x 2B pencils (NB no pacer pencils or erasable pens please)
- 1 eraser
- sharpener (optional)
- Registration will take place in Treacy Court at 8.45am for a 9am start and concluding at 10.15am. Boys not participating in the music placement session can be collected from the main entrance on Rogers St at 10.30am.
- The music placement session for Year 5 students will commence at 10.45am and conclude at 12 noon. Boys can be collected from the main entrance on Rogers St at 12noon.
- Registration will take place in Duhig Place at 8.45am for a 9.00am start and concluding at midday. Boys not participating in the music placement session can be collected from the main entrance on Rogers St at 12.15pm.
- The music placement session for Year 7 students will commence at 12.15pm and conclude at 2pm. Boys can be collected from the main entrance on Rogers St at 2pm.
Parents/caregivers are not required to stay whilst the test is completed. The results of these tests in no way impact upon the enrolment of your son to the College. All information gathered from these tests is confidential and will be used solely for the planning of the College’s support resources.
Music Placement Session
This session is an opportunity for our music staff to meet your son, ascertain the co-curricular ensembles he is suited to and provide you with a personalised music rehearsal schedule for 2022. This is not an audition; the College will have an appropriate ensemble for every ability. Please bring music to perform from his current ensemble or music book. Students’ instruments are to be left at the rear of the scholastic testing room.
After your son has completed the Scholastic Test, music students are to meet in Duhig Place. Parents are invited to attend and must adhere to the government’s social distancing requirements at the time. A sausage sizzle will be provided for all boys on the day, and we ask that your son has a phone to call you, or has your number so we may call you upon completion. All students will be supervised by staff and our engagement squad of senior students who will be on hand to play handball with your sons until they are collected.
Music staff will be available in Duhig Place to answer questions regarding Terrace Music.
Email the Cultural Office at email@example.com for further information or queries regarding cultural activities offered at the College.