Scholarships and Bursaries
St Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace offers a merit entry program. This program is designed to provide enrolment to students who are at a level of excellence in their field and who may not otherwise have the opportunity to attend the College. The Academic Merit provides a 50% reduction of tuition fees subject to performance on the ACER testing program. The Sport/Cultural Merit Entry program may involve tuition fee relief, subject to financial need, or may provide accelerated enrolment entry only. Scholarships are not offered at the College.
All prospective merit entry students will need to demonstrate a commitment to learning, to the ideals of Catholic education and to demonstrate the traits of what it is to be a ‘Gentleman of Terrace’ – Knowledge, Humility and Wisdom.
Academic Merit Entry for Year 7
Academic Merit Entry is only at the following level:
Level 1 | Designed for students in their final year of primary school for entry into Year 7 the following year.
For general information ACER Testing, click here: https://www.acer.org/scholarship
ACER Testing Information
The ACER Cooperative Scholarship Test to determine Year 7 2023 Academic Merit Entry offers will be held on Saturday 26 February 2022.
Families can register their Year 6 2022 student via the examination link here.
Registrations close at midnight AEDST on Monday 7 February 2022. Applications cannot be accepted after this date.
Sport/Cultural Merit Entry Application Process
- Request a Merit Entry Application from the College Enrolments Office - email@example.com
- Complete the Merit Entry Application (with additional required documentation). Sporting and Cultural Merit Entry Applications must be returned to the College by 30 June in the year preceding entry to the College.
- Applicants are required to submit:
- A copy of the student’s most recent school report and NAPLAN results
- Evidence of performance, team selection, competition results, academic reports, rankings
- Other supporting evidence that may enhance the application
Edmund Rice Bursary Application Process
The Gregory Terrace Foundation is proudly committed to the Edmund Rice Bursary program, which financially supports students to access a Catholic education at St Joseph’s College. Entry into the Edmund Rice Bursary program is available to students from Years 7 to 12 and we particularly welcome students who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander or families who have joined our wider Australian community as refugees.
Applications for the Edmund Rice Bursary program will be welcomed up until 30 June of the year immediately preceding entry.
Further information on the Edmund Rice Bursary application process is available here.Email | College Enrolments Office