Careers & Personal Counselling
If you, or someone you care about, is in crisis and you think immediate action is needed, call emergency services (triple zero – 000), contact your doctor or mental health crisis service, or go to your local hospital emergency department.
If you have a reason to suspect a child in Queensland is experiencing harm, or is at risk of experiencing harm or being neglected, contact Child Safety Services and talk to someone about your concerns:
- During normal business hours - contact the Regional Intake Service on 1300 682 254
- After hours and on weekends - contact the Child Safety After Hours Service Centre on 1800 177 135 or (07) 3235 9999. The service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Terrace Personal Counsellors
Personal counselling is available to all members of the College community. Some common reasons for referral include heavy sadness, tiredness, lack of energy, excessive worries or irritability. These struggles may have impacted on student development, close relationships, activities, education or work. Students can make a time to speak to a counsellor, in person, by emailing the Counselling Department, or via the online counselling referral form. Alternatively, they can ask a teacher, Pastoral Care Mentor or House Dean to make an appointment for them. If you would like to make an appointment or find out more information about the services offered, please complete the online counselling referral form.
Counsellors at Terrace:
- Ms Jai-Leigh Beard
- Ms Natalie Twine
- Mr Finlay Lester
Crisis Support Phone Numbers and Web Chat
- Kids helpline - 1800 55 1800 - or link here
- Youth Beyond Blue - 1300 224 636 - or link here
- Child and Youth Mental Health Services - (07) 3068 2555 - or link here
- Suicide call back services - 1300 659 467 - or link here
Careers Counselling can help students develop lifelong career management skills, assess interests and abilities, explore educational and career pathways, and assist in career decision making. For access to resources that assist in career planning (including a calendar of career-related events) visit the Terrace Careers page here.