Director of Music | Mr Brad Esbensen
Welcome back to Term 2.
I hope you all had a great Easter break. During the holiday period we had workshops taking place in preparation for some of our Term 2 events. The ANZAC Band spent some time preparing for our march in next Tuesday’s ANZAC Day Parade in the CBD. Our final rehearsals for this performance will take place this coming Sunday at Tennyson and Monday afternoon at school. For those watching on the day, we will be marching twice, following No. 14 Royal Australian Navy Fleet Air Arm and RAN Helicopter Flight Vietnam, and then the No.104 6 Squadron Colour Party.
The Red Peppers Pep Band worked on their program which they will be performing to provide spirit at football games during the term. The first of which takes place at Tennyson this Saturday. Event memos with detailed information regarding these performances can be found on the Terrace App.
Registration for the Pemulwuy! National Male Voice Festival is now open. Pemulwuy! is a triennial event based in Brisbane, Queensland and we have always had good representation from Terrace in previous years. It aims to encourage males throughout Australia to engage in singing at whatever level of experience they find themselves and to build networks between conductors and artists who work in this unique field. If you would like to register or find out more information, please visit http://www.pemulwuy.org.au/wspHome.aspx
There are vacancies in the Terrace Youth Choir (Years 5-8) rehearsing Wednesday mornings at 7.15am in the Chapel. Please contact our choral director, Mrs Debattista, (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require further information.
For those students who perform in the beginner and intermediate level ensembles, it is a requirement that they wear grey trousers for performances. This provides a more formal and unified look. The first big concert event for these groups will be the Winter Concert on Thursday 18 May. Trousers are available from the Uniform Shop in sizes from 8 to 18. Students who perform only as part of the Year 5 and 6 Band and Strings classes do not need to purchase trousers.
Please check the Terrace App and Parent Lounge regularly as this is where information regarding various events (see the list below) will now be published. As events are approved and posted to the Parent Lounge, you will be sent an email advising the name of the event, including the Event Memo, to check and you will be required to give a response regarding attendance. Event Memos will also be available through the Terrace App in Culture | Music.
Term 2 Events
- Red Peppers Pep Band | Saturday 22 April 11am, Tennyson Playing Fields
- ANZAC Day Marching Band | Sunday 23 April, 10am - 12pm, Tennyson Playing Fields
- ANZAC Day Marching Band |Monday 24 April, 3.15pm – 4.30pm, Treacy Court, Terrace
- ANZAC Day Marching Band |Tuesday 25 April, 8am – 12.30pm, meet at Terrace, march in Brisbane CBD.
- Red Peppers Pep Band | Saturday 6 May, 2pm, Tennyson Playing Fields
- Terrace Jazz Combo |Saturday 6 May, 4.30pm, Tennyson Playing Fields, Term 2 Sports Launch
- GPS Music Showcase | Wednesday 17 May, selected performers only. All day rehearsals and workshop, Concert at QPAC Concert Hall, 7pm.
- Winter Concert| Thursday 18 May, 6.30pm. Please note the date for this event has changed due to a clash with GPS Music Showcase.
- Norman Clarke Concert | Sunday 21 May, Villanova College. Sound checks from 10.45am, concert at 3pm.