The Weekly Wrap
The Round 3 Wrap
This weekend we are away to IGS in the GPS fixture. We will also play all supplementary games away against TGS, BBC ACGS and NC.
As we head into Round 4 of the GPS competition it's important to remember what is expected of our players, coaches, parents and spectators.
- Play by the rules
- Cooperate with and respect game officials and their decisions.
- Abstain from verbal abuse, distraction, or provoking of officials or other players – see section on Sledging below.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated and respect the property of others.
- Leave the field immediately and without dissent when temporarily suspended (Yellow Card) or Sent off (Red Card).
- Abstain from excessive encouragement of team-mates.
- Set a good example for all players.
- Encourage and create opportunities to develop individual and team skills.
- Ensure your players are friendly towards officials and opponents.
- Remove from the field of play, any of your players whose behaviour is unacceptable.
Parents and Spectators
- Provide a model of good behaviour for all players.
- Demonstrate courtesy towards all players, all officials, and all spectators.
- Encourage honest effort, skilled performance, and team loyalty.
- Let game officials conduct the match without interference yet be willing to provide assistance if requested.
An important reminder that Training is not optional, if your son is unable to make training he is required to let his coach know or contact the Sport Office.
Round 3 results
Terrace students are eligible to trial for selection into District and Met Nth Regional representative teams in a number of sports. Our primary students nominate via City Dist. and our secondary students via
Nth Independent or in some cases Met Nth direct depending on the sport. Boys will only be nominated if they are of a high standard and meet qualifying times in respective sports.
City District Term 2 Sports are
- Cricket date 18 August –Open to all boys turning 12. Nominations close Friday 11 August
Direct nominations to Met Nth Sports are
- Cricket date 5 September – Open to 13-14 years. Nominations close Friday 1 September
- Track & Field date 22 and 23 August – Open toall 13-19 years. Nomination close Friday 11 August
For more information relating to upcoming trials please contact:
email@example.com or click on the below link https://metnorthschoolsport.eq.edu.au/Pages/default.aspx
Thanks for your support.